The Anything Goes Lobby
The Anything Goes Lobby
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Complaint Dept.
 Got a complaint? Want to whine? Then do it here.
 The last time...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

verdeii
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  15:36:07  Show Profile Send verdeii a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last year when I went to the eye doctor to get a new prescription, it was no big deal. A little eye exam, and a half hour later I walked out with my new contacts and glasses. Simple!

Flash forward a year. Now I have to decide if I want bifocals or progressive lenses or one pair of glasses for distance and a separate pair of glasses for computer work and reading or contacts for distance along with a pair of reading glasses or one contact prescription in one eye for distance and a different contact prescription in the other eye for close up.

"Oh, and Caryn, the pressure in your eyeball is a little high, so you better come back in two weeks so we can do a thorough glaucoma examination because, you know, when you start getting older we have to watch out for those kinds of health issues." I love hearing "when you start getting older" from my doctor.

I said, "I'll take a prescription for medical marijuana for my glaucoma, go home, smoke a joint and let you know what I decide."

Party at my house this weekend. I'll supply the medical doobies, you guys supply the munchies.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

SognoSopra
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  19:26:31  Show Profile  Click to see SognoSopra's MSN Messenger address Send SognoSopra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*LOL* Who knew getting old was so much fun!
Go to Top of Page

MedMan
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  12:20:44  Show Profile Send MedMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getting old is fun! Why, it was only a few days ago that I was sitting in cold southern California temperatures, whining about never going anywhere. Now look at me!

*stands up and cabo-wabos*

After a long ride I'm getting sunburned on the Baja. Life is such a bitch!

No, wait!!! Life is a beach!

Yeah, that's it.
Go to Top of Page

JustinC
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  00:13:19  Show Profile Send JustinC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nancy, I was born old.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Anything Goes Lobby © 2006 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2